Tuesday, September 21, 2010

~Photo of the day~

    
     This photo is from a few years ago. This was our family dog Jackson. As you can see he was very loved. This is my youngest hugging him. There was a bond between these two that I have yet to see again. We lost Jackson to cancer a year ago. We were lucky to have him for 13 wonderful years. He has been greatly missed. I don't think I will ever have another dog quite like him.
      As I was trying to decide on a photo of the day for today I kept coming back to this shot. I remember the day so well. It was a gorgeous afternoon and we were out pheasant hunting with my husband. The air was cool and fresh and my boy and dog were loving every minute of the day. They were running through the fields without a care in the world.
      I think maybe that is why this picture kept coming back to me. I remember the feelings and the smells from that day like it was yesterday, and maybe if I didn't catch this shot I would have forgotten that. It makes me realize why I do what I do. There is no better way to capture a memory than through my lens. I love making memories every day. I enjoy looking back at all our family photos from different times in our life. I think one day my children will be so grateful for me packing my camera with us everywhere we go. I am giving them memories for the rest of their life. I would love to make memories for all of you too. If anyone needs a memory or two let me know. Thanks :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment