Sunday, June 6, 2010

A beautiful start...

 
            Today my family took a little fishing trip up to a reservoir not to far from home. Now if you've ever been fishing you know you have to get up at the crack, and I mean crack, of dawn to catch the big fish. My husband woke me up, not to gently this morning at 5:30 am to get kids up and ready to go. Let me just say I wasn't a happy camper. I dragged myself out of bed and proceeded to go wake up three children. On my way through the house I looked out my front window and this is the sight I was greeted with. I was dumbstruck. I ran and grabbed my ever ready camera and started snapping away. Now remember it's 5:30 am and I'm in pajamas standing in the road with my camera. The farmers thought I was crazy. This is their time of day to be out and about. I apologized for being not to nice to my hubby, loaded up the kids and off we went. 

          We were on our way when all of a sudden it started to rain. I thought you've got to be kidding me. It was on and off all the way up the canyon. We finally arrived to blue skies. That didn't last long. It started to rain a little ways away from us and I was just about to tell the kids to take cover and snapped my next favorite shot of my girls enjoying those first few rain drops. It's moments like these that make me happy and feel complete. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Happy Snappin' :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazingly talented. I'm so serious. I love these photos SOOOO much. The one of your girls is so precious and fantastic. The sunrise is beautiful and the one with the flower is just perfect. I'm so envious of your talent. You have a gift my sweetest sister. You really truly do.

    I love, love, love the photos you shot of me and my family. i can't stop looking at them, my heart is just so happy to have some of all of us together. Thank you so much, you have given me the best gift ever. I love them, and I'm so honored that you did that for me :) Love you lots and lots. :):):)

    ReplyDelete